So I want to start using my blog more and I thought it would be a good start to do an update of sorts. I have loads of great stuff going on right now and I think it would be useful for me to have it all written down somewhere. So here’s what I am up to creatively.
1. I am still working on weekly Project Life pages for my family album. Some of this I’m sharing but mostly not just because of all the faces I don’t have permission to share
2. I am a member of the UK Scrap Addicts with lots of other lovely UK girls and each month we have a specific topic that we create layouts for. I do one blog post and one video for them and I plan to do a sneak peek blog each month that links into that. You an find the UK Scrap Addicts blog here and their YouTube here.
3. I am now a member of the design team for the new subscription kit The Wild Hare Kit which is a customisable hand curated kit that uses current brands and products to create personalised kits for each subscriber. Each month there will be an unboxing and 3-5 projects over on my YouTube channel. There will also be occasional blog posts on the Wild Hare Kit blog. I plan to do a blog here at the end of each month that shows my kit and all the projects I created from it. Kind of a Kill a Kit share. Check out Wild Hare on the webpage here, Instagram here and Facebook here. And you can find my unboxing and other projects using my August Kit here.
4. I am also on the design team for the Crafty Channel Surf Facebook group known as The Something Inspirational Team. We will have 6 topics and every month we will each tackle one of them. Those videos will go up on my YouTube channel and I will also post a blog sharing the layout. You can find the Crafty Channel Facebook group here.
5. In September I have been asked to be a guest designer for something super exciting so there will be a few blog posts for that.
6. I was extremely lucky to win a place on Megan Anderson’s class 31 challenges which is all about pocket pages. I already have a few videos filmed of my process and I hope to complete as many of them as I can, though they may not all be this month. You can find out more about the class here.
7. I considered joining in with the Scrap Gals 100 day project started by Tori Bissell which was going to be a fresh start/new challenge following on from the annual 100 day project for anyone who missed it, didn’t finish or just wanted to do it again. I had a whole list of ideas of things to do but I decided I was probably taking too much on. Then I saw Kristin Tweedale and her #100daysofallaboutme questions and since I’m doing a lot of scrapping right now I thought it might actually be helpful to have some ideas of what to scrap.
So the topics for design teams and challenges tend to be techniques like stamping, design ideas like ‘something big’, specific challenges like using 2 project life cards or products from a kit to use. Sometimes I have such great ideas for layouts but I’m not sure what photo or story to use. Kristin’s questions are a great way to spark story ideas and at the end of it I will have 100 pages (pockets, layouts, travelers notebook, digital) that tell my story all the while completing all the other projects I have going on. I don’t feel like this is taking more on, if anything its relieving the pressure on me to find new things to scrap. Find the 100 day project going on in the Scrap Gals Facebook group here and Kristin’s 100 days of All About Me here
8. I do subscribe to Ali Edwards story kits so I hope to have a video or two using those and I will do an end of the month wrap up blog post of what the theme was and the projects I created with it. You can see those kits here.
9. And I am a patron of Inkie Quill on Patreon so at times I want to scraplift ideas, get a little messy and use some of the free printables from there. Find Adele’s Patreon here.
10. I am also a member of quite a few scrappy groups so I may also occasionally join in with some other challenges. Create Craft Repeat have a weekly challenge that I often have ideas for. Find the awesome Create Craft Repeat Facebook group here.
So in summary I have so much inspiration from subscription kits, design teams, challenges and classes. I have no reason not to get my stories told. And hopefully all this will give me loads of reasons to write blog posts. I promise they won’t all be this long though I do have a tendency to chat away once I get started. Make sure to check out all the links if you’re interested in anything I mentioned.
Have a great day and you shall be reading more from me soon.
Take care Jess